Home >Migration to Australia >Visas Categories >Studying & Training Visas

Studying and training visa types

    • Student visa (subclass 500)
    • Student Guardian visa (subclass 590)
    • Training visa (subclass 407)

Student visa (subclass 500)


This visa allows you to stay in Australia to study full-time in a recognised education institution.​


You must:

  • be at least six years of age
  • have been accepted to study at an educational institution in Australia
  • have health insurance.
Length of stay

Up to five years.